Synopsis: : Maths for Economics
Many years of Teaching led Geoff Renshaw to develop Maths for Economics as a resource which builds your self-confidence in maths by using a gradual learning gradient and constantly reinforcing learning with examples and exercises. Some students embarking on this module feel that they have lost their confidence in maths, or perhaps never had any in the first place. The author has designed the Book so that whether you have a maths A level, GCSE, or perhaps feel that you need to go back over the very basics, Knowledge is built up in small steps, not big jumps. Once you are confident that you have firmly grasped the foundations, this book will help you to make the progression beyond the Mechanical exercises and into the development of a maths tool-kit for the analysis of economic and Business problems. This is a skill which will prove valuable for your degree and for your future employers.
The Online resource centre contains the following resources:
Ask the author forum
Answers to further questions
Expanded Solutions to Progress exercises
For Lecturers (password protected):
Graphs from the book
Answers to test exercises
Geoff Renshaw, Department of Economics, University of Warwick
* The flexible design of the contents means that this book is suitable if your starting point is maths A level, GCSE, or even if you have forgotten most of the maths you learned in school.
* A gradual learning gradient underpins the text; each concept is explored comprehensively, including numerous examples and exercises at each stage to ensure that you get a really good understanding of it.
* Builds self-confidence in maths through the use of step-by-step examples, progress exercises, hints and rules, encouraging you to develop a 'maths tool-kit' for analysing economics and business problems.
* Any unnecessarily long explanations have been rewritten to make the exposition clearer in the appropriate places.
* Material on matrix algebra, limits, and necessary and sufficient functions has been revised in line with market feedback
* Answers to the progress exercises now appear at the end of the book, rather than online, for ease of use.
The Title "Maths for Economics " is written by Geoff Renshaw. This book was published in the year 2011. The ISBN number 0199602123|9780199602124 is assigned to the Paperback version of this title. This book has total of pp. 712 (Pages). The publisher of this title is Oxford University Press. We have about 84121 other great books from this publisher. Maths for Economics is currently Available with us.