Synopsis: : Basic Electrical Engineering 2nd Revised Edition
This Edition is designed to provide the requirements of the syllabus of the core course on Basic Electrical Engineering useful for all engineering disciplines. It exhaustively covers the four major areas of electrical engineering Circuit theory, electromagnetic circuits and electrical machines, measuring Instruments and power systems. Each topic has been developed from a few fundamental laws, such as Coulomb's Law, Ohms Law, Faraday's Law, Kirchhoff's Law and Ampere's Law to provide a unified understanding of concepts.
J.P. Tiwari is professor of Electrical Engineering at Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi. He obtained B.E. and M.E. with Hons. in Electrical Engineering in 1968 and 1971 respectively from University of Roorkee (now IIT Roorkee) and Ph.D. from Banaras Hindu University in 1992. He is a fellow member of Institution of Engineers (India).
Dr. Tiwari has three more books to his credit. His teaching and research areas include control systems, robotics, instrumentation and signal processing. He has also published/presented several research papers in prestigious national and international journals.
PART I : ELECTRIC CIRCUIT THEORY :
1. Fundamental Laws of Electrical Engineering
2. Circuit Elements and Basic Circuit Theory
3. The Complete Response of RLC Circuits I : Classical Method
4. The Complete Response of RLC Circuits II : The Laplace Transform Technique
5. Sinusiodal Steady-State Response of Circuits
PART II : ELECTROMAGNETISM AND ELECTRICAL MACHINES :
1. Electromagnetism and Magnetic Circuits
3. Principles of Electromechanical Energy-Conversion and Direct Current Machines
4. Three Phase Induction (Asynchronous) Machines
5. Synchronous Machines
6. Single-phase Motors
PART III : ELECTRICAL MEASURING INSTRUMENT :
1. General Considerations of Electrical Measuring Instruments
2. Electrical Measuring Instruments
PART IV : INTRODUCTION TO POWER SYSTEMS :
1. Structure of Power Systems
2. Power Factor Improvement
3. Transmission and Distribution
4. Switchgear and Protection
-All basic techniques of circuit analysis and network theorems are stressed.
-Treats each circuit parameters from three viewpoints—circuit, energy and geometrical.
-Circuits with dependent and independent sources are dealt with.
-Both the classical as well as Laplace transform methods have been discussed to solve circuit analysis problems.
-Sufficient number of solved examples is included to highlight the concepts.
-At the end of each chapter references are cited for interested readers.
The Title "Basic Electrical Engineering " is written by J.P. Tiwari. This book was published in the year 2011. The ISBN number 8122430740|9788122430745 is assigned to the Paperback version of this title. The publisher of this title is New Age International (P) Ltd.. Basic Electrical Engineering is currently Available with us.