Synopsis: : Spousonomics Or How to Maximize Returns on the Biggest Investment of Your Life : Using Economics to Master Love, Marriage, and Dirty Dishes
Do you and your partner bicker over trivial things, and do you find yourself thinking about how much more fun life together used to be? If the answer is 'yes' to either or both questions, it's Little wonder! Relationships are complicated, and they don't come with a user's manual. Until now. Enter Spousonomics-a fun, Original Relationship guide which offers a brilliant, fresh twist to standard advice by showing how economics-that's right, economics-is the key to happiness. For example... :
- The Laws of Supply and Demand-or how to kick-start your Sex life. If having sex carries too many costs-too much time or energy-you won't do it enough. Time to reassess in order to get the bed springs bouncing again!
- Moral Hazard-or why your relationship is not too big to fail. If you're too forgiving there's a good chance your partner will feel that he or she can operate without consequences. Beware!
- Game Theory-or redefining the notion of ‘winning’. Resolving conflict requires cooperation and Strategic thinking-so start anticipating your partner's moves to get ahead of the game.
Brilliantly researched and cutting through the noise of emotion and tired cliches, Spousounomics offers sound, practical advice that will help you to get your relationship back on track-and maximize returns on the biggest Investment of your life.
Paula Szuchman is a Page One Editor at The Wall Street Journal, where she was previously a features Reporter covering lifestyle trends. She lives with her Husband and daughter in Brooklyn.
Jenny Anderson is a New York Times reporter who spent years covering Wall Street and Won a Gerald Loeb Award for her coverage of Merrill Lynch. She currently writes on Education and lives with her husband and two daughters in Manhattan. Cover Design : Sarah Whittaker
1. Division of Labor : Or, Why you Should Do the Dishes
2. Loss aversion : Or, The Upside of Going to Bed Angry
3. Supply and Demand : Or, How to Have More Sex
4. Moral Hazard : Or, The Too-Big-to-Fail Marriage
5. Incentives : Or, Getting Your Spouse to do what you Want
6. Trade-offs : Or, The Art of Getting Over it
7. Asymmetric Information : Or, Why you Should Tell your Partner Stuff
8. Intertemporal Choice : Or, Being a Good Person... When You Get Around to it
9. Bubbles : Or, Making the Good Times Last
10. Game Theory : Or, How Strategizing Like Khrushchev and Manipulating Like Kennedy Can Make for a Blissful Marriage
'Practical, compelling and hilarious’ - Gretchen Rubin, author of the Happiness Project
'Delightful, clever and helpful.' - Elizabeth Gilbert, author of Eat, Pray, Love
The Title "Spousonomics Or How to Maximize Returns on the Biggest Investment of Your Life : Using Economics to Master Love, Marriage, and Dirty Dishes" is written by Jenny Anderson, Paula Szuchman. This book was published in the year 2011. The ISBN number 0593064283|9780593064283 is assigned to the Paperback version of this title. The book displayed here is a 1st Published edition. This book has total of pp. xvi + 332 + [i] (Pages). The publisher of this title is Random House. We have about 62534 other great books from this publisher. Spousonomics Or How to Maximize Returns on the Biggest Investment of Your Life : Using Economics to Master Love, Marriage, and Dirty Dishes is currently Not Available with us.You can enquire about this book and we will let you know the availability.